Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Traditional Watermarble

Let's talk watermarbles. Messy: check, wastes a ton of precious polish: check, can be disastrous: check. But PLEASE don't let this deter you =p. All the work and time to perfect this technique is really worth it. Plus, I've found that cheap polishes like Sally Hansen and Sinful work wonderfully. My love of polish began after receiving a random eblast from All Lacquered Up's first attempt at this nailart technique from a beauty website. After reading a bit more about it and watching countless how-tos on YouTube, I was a full on addict.

I decided to revisit my roots ladies and no not that mousey brown under my every eight week cover up ;). I started with one coat of China Glaze Dress Me Up and marbled with that, China Glaze Sea Spray, Essie Navigate Her and Ulta Tutu Cute. Viva la watermarble!

10 comments :

  1. Gorgeous marble! I really need to do another one of these sometime soon... They take so much time I always decide to do something else, but they are worth it in the end.

    I think you have inspired me to do one this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Gorgeous! Man I really need to get out that old plastic dish and do some marbling again. Really lovely colours Freshie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great water marble! I've only ever tried water marbling twice and i find it such a pain! these colours look so delicate though it really does make me want to give it another go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a total pain but keep at it, I'm sure you'll get exactly where you want it to be :)

      Delete
  4. these are really gorgeous! lovely watermarble! i love watermarbles!

    ReplyDelete